Birthday Counter

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, June 6, 2011

The Waiting Game

10 weeks till Finley's due date ... and our 5 year anniversary!  We go back to the doctor again Wednesday, the 8th, for an ultrasound and check on her status.  Dr. Barry and I discussed inducing on the 14th (because she's just not looking ready any time soon.)  I'm rethinking this decision (as well as Brian) for fear that she may not be ready even then and we don't want to rush her.  Not to mention, I don't want to end up in an emergency c-section because we tried to induce and it didn't work. 

The whole inducing thing came about because her due date is EXACTLY 6 weeks till pre-planning begins, which I really don't want to miss.  As much as I want more time with my daughter, our school is going through some significant changes next year that I don't want to miss out on understanding so I can begin the year right with my students.  Not to mention, even if I do take some maternity leave, I'll have to attend some pre-planning to put my room back together after the floors are waxed and get open house packets together to meet my new students.  I can't not meet my new students and parents ... for most of them, it's the ONLY time I ever see their parents, so it's rather important.   

So, I think I'll start working on some lesson plans this week for the just in case scenario and continue relaxing until Finley decides she's ready.  Brian and I are enjoying our time together as the last few days it will ever be just the two of us.  We're both so ready to meet her though, even though we're definitely freaked out.  5 years was a good amount of time to be alone together.  I'm so glad we waited until now.  I wouldn't change that for anything.

1 comment:

  1. We'll have so see when Finley actually arrives and make final plans for you going back to school, even for pre-planning. You let me know when you need to go back and I'll be there for you. Sorry Effingham Co. pushed up the dates but those things happen. Finley's care is what's important. Can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete