Week 39 today ... yay! I can not believe how close we are. In fact, the closer we get, the further it seems away. We keep running into itty bitty babies all over the place and then thinking, "wow, that size baby is in me!" It's so surreal. I just can't wait to meet her and hold her.
Brian and I have done our best to phone/text/facebook the latest update, but in case anyone is not aware of the "latest" plan, here it is: Monday, June 13, we will check into Candler Hospital at 6 pm. They will begin induction Tuesday, June 14, at 6 am. We are hoping to meet Finley sometime that afternoon. We'll get to leave the hospital either Wed or Thurs, whatever day I'm told. Thursday of course is our 5 year anniversary, so I'd love to be home with our new baby then. Sunday of course is Father's Day and will be a very special day for Brian to be with his daughter!
Many folks have talked to us about visiting and whatnot and we'd love to see anyone we can. I'm washing bed sheets as we speak so we can be prepared for anyone. If you're looking for a bed, call ahead ... if you'd like a bed reserved, call ahead! We'll do our best, but as of right now, my priority is having this baby.
Our ultrasound on Wed shows her measuring about 8 lbs with chubby cheeks, big lips, and a head of hair. Sounds great :) We could not be anymore ready right now. For now, I'm getting my exercise while trying to relax and get some good sleep. Will focus on mentally preparing myself for labor this weekend. I honestly feel very good and relaxed ... similar to how I felt 5 years ago on my wedding day - the MOST relaxing day of my life! Everyone jokes she'll come this weekend since I have a plan now - little do they know that would be perfect for me! In fact, I'm hoping she comes on her own this weekend! We are just absolutely ready to have our lives completely rocked and welcome all the love, challenges, and fun she will bring. Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment