Birthday Counter

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, June 20, 2011

Welcome Finley Jane!

Our precious baby girl arrived AHEAD of schedule!  I love that she waited till I had a plan and then decided to make her debut on her own time ... which is what we wanted!  I'm so relieved that my water broke and my body was ready rather than going to be induced and have it all occur through medicine.  I was ready for inducing, but this was better and more fun for us.  Fun, until the medicine wore off, or whatever it was that went wrong.  I didn't plan to sign up for a natural child birth, but that's exactly what I got!  Now that she's here, I wouldn't have it any other way 
  She has been unbelievable this first week.  Her pediatrician visit went well ... all good news except for a blocked tear duct - a very simple problem to deal with.  Finley doesn't even fuss when given her eye drops, thank goodness!  In fact, she only fusses if she's hungry, dirty, or gassy.  She's been quite the dream baby, and I'm hoping this fabulous pattern continues.  Our only complaint is that she sleeps ALL the time!  We're trying to keep her a little more stimulated during the day to get her on a good schedule. 

Life with Finley is so much more amazing than I realized it would be.  I'm trying my best to relax a little more.  The first few days were a little rough trying to be perfect and have it all figured out.  After a scary little incident with some blood in her spit-up (I'm breastfeeding and had to work on positioning with a lactation specialist - got it all solved and good to go), I've felt much better.  Having my parents here to give me support and offer guidance has been unbelievable.  They're not getting to help with all the feedings and stuff like I think they thought they would be, but just the security of them here for questions and reassurance has been invaluable.  I'm a bit afraid of the day they leave and it's just Brian and me.  Then when Brian leaves for football each day and I'm home alone with her. 

If Finley continues on the path she's on, then every thing's going to be ok.  She's truly a wonderful baby and way more beautiful in person than in the pictures (which are gorgeous already!)  I'm so thankful for this wonderful baby and her terrific daddy.  Brian has amazed me already as a father.  She is definitely daddy's little girl.  He's there for every feeding with me, and he likes to handle all diaper changes and burping.  He's given up a few diapers for my parents, but he wants to be so involved and I don't want to turn him away from helping ... I need him desperately!  God has blessed me with a loving husband, a healthy and beautiful baby girl, 2 supportive parents, and a supply of family and friends that have blessed us with their presence and prayers. 

1 comment: