Birthday Counter

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, June 27, 2011

2 weeks old

Our baby girl is 2 weeks old today.  We visited the pediatrician for her 2 week update and had many questions ready to ask.  I was able to breastfeed Finley for the first 9 days, but then I seemed to quit producing and we had to make the switch to formula.  Making the switch when we did ended up being a good thing having my parents around to help with the transition and getting the "proper procedures down" as my dad would say :).  With the switch, Finley's body had to adjust and we had a few concerns that the switch went well for her ... without getting into details - needing poopy diapers and such. 

Anyway, Dr. Nave assured all of our fears away and we have a healthy baby girl who is up to 8 lbs 10 oz.  She's gaining as she should and looking good.  We're still massaging a blocked tear duct, but that's very common in newborns the Dr said.  Grammy & Pappy left today after we got good news from the Dr so Brian and I are on our own now.  Getting good updates from the Dr though has me feeling pretty good about taking care of her.  Brian's schedule is good too with football only Mon - Thurs from about 4:30 - 8:30 so I can handle that pretty well.  All in all, it's been a great 2 weeks and I'm loving life with our precious baby girl.

1 comment:

  1. I miss her already. Thank goodness we'll see her (and you and Brian of course) in two weeks and get to spend a few days with you. So glad your outing to Savannah went well today. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete