Birthday Counter

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Gulf Shores vacation

My sister, her family, and my parents were gracious enough to allow Finley and me to crash their annual vacation all because my school system switched calendar dates that messed me up.  Brian had football mini-camp and I was not overly comfortable with being left alone for much of the day with Finley.  She's still a perfect angel and a very easy baby, but it can be a little exhausting having full responsibility. 




Anyway, we pushed Finley to the max with a 10 hour car drive (which she only cried for 5 min of) and many loud restaurants (and not quite on her schedule).  She exceeded every expectation I had for her.  Not that I want to continue to live that lifestyle, but glad she could make it all work.  We had a great time and unfortunately had to leave early so I could get back to work. 

My dad has moved in now to help care for Finley while Brian and I are at work.  That has made the transition to work SO much smoother than I know it could have been.  I miss her terribly but she's in the best hands possible and in her own crib and environment.  It's nice having company here also through Brian's crazy football schedule.  Makes me wish we had family close by all the time. 


We also bought Finley's first car.  I sacrificed my dream car, the Jeep Wrangler, for a family vehicle that is much safer for my baby girl to be riding in.  I got the GMC Acadia which I am extremely happy with.  It's a great vehicle and has so much space.  Once again, having my dad, the grizzly bear, as Brian calls him, here to help us make a great deal happen really paid off.  Couldn't have done it and felt as good about everything as I do, without his help. 

2 comments:

  1. Cute pics! I will email you the ones that I took, too! Sounds like Pappy has been a big help. So glad that the transition is going smoothly for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to be available to help smooth your transition to being a mother/teacher/football coach wife. It's a special time for me as well. It helps that Finley has been a great baby......so far.

    ReplyDelete