Birthday Counter

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, May 19, 2011

36 Week Update

Had an ultrasound today and was able to see my baby girl.  My how she has grown!  She's weighing 5.8 lbs ... not sure how long.  I was more concerned with her weight since she's usually measuring low in comparison with other babies her age.  She's on a good track with her weight and expects to gain more during her last month - which means I have more to gain!  Not looking forward to putting on any more weight.  As of today I've put on 19 lbs this pregnancy.  Wish I wouldn't have been heavy to start with cause that number would be a whole lot more impressive, but at least I'm not any more than that right now either.  I've dialated 1 cm, which is to be expected, of course.  That explains all the pain however! 

I begin going to the doctor every week from now on.  Wish gas prices could cooperate a little more for the long drive, but at least it's Savannah and there's much to do.  Hope Brian can get to another appt with me so I'm not always shopping along afterward.  It's been fine though.  I've exchanged a lot of duplicates and newborn items to get other items that we really needed.  I feel good and set as if she could get here tomorrow.  It's really getting unreal to think about having a baby in my life, especially as I keep seeing babies everywhere.  I couldn't be more excited to meet her, but it's getting to be really crazy to think about a new addition to our little family of 2 that has existed for 5 years. 

Brian's been amazing through this pregnancy and because of him I am even more excited to expand our family.  He's grown so much already and really taken great care of me.  Finley has already melted his heart and he hasn't even touched her yet.  He's always given me a hug and kiss everyday before I leave for work, but now Finley is sure to get her kiss from her daddy too and a little pep-talk about being kind to her mommy and taking it easy on me.  I'm definitely going to have to be the strict one around here!  It just reminds me why I knew I wanted to marry him and share my life with him.  I know that he'll always be there for the both of us and love us unconditionally.  God truly knew what he was doing when he brought Brian into my life, just like when God picked out this baby girl especially for us.  I am so truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment