Waiting for Jan. 13th to come was no big deal. We knew the wait had to happen and we had a lot going on in the meantime to keep us busy. But when we couldn't get a final confirmation on what the baby was and were told to wait 4 more weeks ... it's gone by sooo slow! I have plenty of patience: I married a football coach, I live hours from any family, and I teach 59 insane 5th graders with hormones raging all over the place, but to wait 2 more weeks to find out if this baby really is a girl or not has me going crazy. I'm doing everything I can to keep my mind off of it, but I really want to get started on this blank nursery that keeps staring at me.
I know that in years before people didn't find out, and some people think it's just so special to wait till the delivery to find out, and I get it ... but I think it's the most special thing to be pregnant and since I've just started showing and I'm still not really feeling the baby (I maybe have twice, not sure) and I'm halfway there, I just want to keep the connection building, especially for Brian and the baby.
At least this baby knows it's thought of and loved constantly already and we are so excited to have it join our family. We're ready for this idea of a daughter to sink in a little more and I think a nursery will help. The idea of a son just sounded so natural, but I love God's little suprises. We're just eternally thankful either way. So, two more weeks of waiting everyone. February 10th is the big day (fingers crossed tightly).
No comments:
Post a Comment